If your home is listed for sale, you want to ensure that you don’t suffer from – “Out of Sight, Out of Mind.”
Here are some timeless tips from a segment Holly did on NBC. Additional tips are below.
- Get yourself on a regular schedule for mowing, weeding and trimming.
Might be best to invest in a landscaper to ensure regular maintenance.
- Neglected yards can be a real turn-off to Buyers and can translate to a lower sale price.
- Curb appeal is a key topic for a reason – keep the outside looking nice!
- Things get dusty quickly here, so you want to have a regular dusting.
- People are walking through you home, so floors can get dirty more quickly than normal.
- You may want to invest in a regular housekeeper to ensure the home doesn’t look dirty or neglected.
- Plumbing fixtures can dry out due to lack of use.
- You want to run the water and flush toilets regularly
- Washing machines can start to develop an odor, so run a load of laundry and leave the door open when the cycle is completed.
- With our summer temperatures on the rise, ensuring your pool is clean and chemically balanced is important.
- You want to prevent your pool from turning green.
- Again, investing in regular pool care could be an important choice.
- It can be hard to continue to pay electric bills and rising air conditioning costs, but it’simportant to maintain a comfortable temperature in the home.
- You want Buyers to feel welcome and comfortable in your home and you don’t want them to rush out because it’s too hot.
- It’s also important for the health of your home – prevent warping cabinets or wood products.
- Heat can also boost odors, so keep the temperature cool and comfortable this summer.
- Buyer love light and bright homes.
- Remove your sunscreens.
- Keep window coverings open.
- Perhaps put a few lights on timers to keep lights on during the day for showings.
- Due to lack of airflow, unoccupied homes often have a stagnant odor.
- You may want to open up the house and let it breath at least once a week.
- You may also want to install an air freshner…just keep in mind you don’t want anything that smells too strong.
- It’s a good idea to have someone check the home on a regular basis to ensure all the doors and windows have been locked properly and nothing left ajar.
- Check with your insurance carrier to see if your home owners insurance will cover you for any issues when the home is no longer occupied.
If you need any advice or tips on buying and selling your Arizona home, contact Holly at 480-266-8785 or Holly@Henbest.com.