Buying a home is so exciting, but can be overwhelming when you start the process. We are here to help make the process smoother and to help direct you each step of the way. As you begin the search for homes, here is our advice in terms of the actual searching.
You’ll probably start your search by looking on-line. Here are some things to be aware of:
- Not all homes are listed on-line, so you might not be seeing everything when you look on Zillow or Realtor.com.
- Not all homes that show listed are truly available, so you may see a home listed for sale, but it may already be under contract or it might have been sold and the site isn’t updated.
- When you see a home listed for sale on-line and you see a Realtor name with it, it may not be a Realtor for that house. It may be someone that has paid that site to get leads directed to them, so you don’t really know who you are reaching out to talk with or interact with and once you click on any buttons to connect, they will now have your information. So, beware of contacting anyone on-online. It’s an invitation to be solicited.
- If you contact a Realtor to see a home they have listed, they may not allow you to be represented by us in the transaction, unless you pay for our services. By calling them directly, you might be waiving your right to representation by us and having our fee paid by them. You could still hire us to represent you, but not our fee may not be paid by the Seller’s Broker.
These are a few suggestions.
- When you are ready to search on-line, let us know your parameters for the home search and we’ll set-up an automatic feed from MLS. Homes will be emailed to you directly as they get listed or drop in price to meet your required parameters. Here are examples of the parameter information we need:
- Location – Borders to the north/south and east/west. For instance – South of the 101, North of the 202 and in between 32nd Street and 80th Street.
- Size – square footage minimum’s and bedroom/bathroom minimums. For instance – at least 1700 square feet, 3 bedrooms, 2 bath or larger.
- Price range – We suggest looking about $20,000 above your price range because some homes will be negotiable into your desired price or they may start higher and drop in price and you can follow to see.
- Do you require to have a pool or not have a pool or it doesn’t matter.
- Do you require a single level or a 2 story or it doesn’t matter.
- Do you require a home in a gated community or not or it doesn’t matter.
- Any other specifics that come to mind that are deal breakers for you?
- Once we have the parameters established we will send you automatic links to homes that meet the requirements.
- As you continue your search, you may change your mind. You may decide that a single story or home with no pool is required. Or you may change you mind on neighborhoods and locations. We can update your requirements at any time.
- If you see a house that is of interest to you, whether it be on the MLS listing link we’ve sent you, driving down the road and seeing a coming soon sign or a friend posts something on Instagram about a house near them getting listed for sale. Whatever way you come across a home that is of interest to you, reach out to us and let us know. We will do the necessary research to investigate the home and then schedule to show the home to you.
- Please don’t reach out to any other Realtors while you are working with us. Our goal is to represent you and your interests and the lines can get blurred and negotiations can go awry if you also reach out to any other Realtors during this time. Once we become your Realtor and we are representing you, we want to protect you and your interests and we don’t want to risk you sharing any personal information or insight to another Realtor. It can hinder any future negotiations and create risk to you getting the best deal.
- If at any time you have questions or concerns, we are available. You can reach out via email, phone or text at any time – email@example.com or 480.266.8785
We look forward to partnering with you during this journey and being a part of you finding your dream home! Thank you for partnering with us!